An author photo

Yangchen and I went to see "Happy Feet" today and I was heartbroken from it--remembering the glaciers breaking off and crashing into the sea in Alaska in 2001, where I went to Juno to study at the Breadloaf School of English during the summer. We saw some seals and we saw some humpback whales, singing in the sea. Will these animals--along with the penguins--last beyond the next five decades?

Yangchen took this photo and told me I look like a writer in this one. I think I'm pretending to be happy when deep inside I am saddened by human behavior and the way we are destroying the planet and each other through our acts. So here it is... the author photograph.

Popular posts from this blog

The jyotish astrological analysis of Robin Williams' death

REVIEW: Bitter Gourds Short Story Collection

Anzaldua at the liminal edges of identity